We ask that you read this Policy carefully as it contains important information about how we will use your personal data.
1. WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal data about you that you provide when you use the Website and/or Services, including when you subscribe for newsletter, send us feedback, answer questionnaire and message or communicate with us. We also collect information about how you use the Website and/or Services including but not limited to usage data, demographic information, traffic sources, platform and browser types.
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- Give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- Receive on his/her behalf any privacy notice; and
- Give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad.
Personal data that you post to public areas of the Website may become publicly available and is no longer considered personal data. For example, information you post in your profile or in ratings, endorsements, Q&A, or any other interactive areas may be made publicly available and can potentially be viewed by anyone. Your posting to such public areas of the Website constitutes consent to share such information publicly, and you should assume that such information will be widely disseminated, including via search engines and other tools to locate information online (e.g., Internet archive).
By providing us with your personal data, you are consenting for us to collect and process your personal data in accordance with this Policy. You confirm that all your personal data is true, accurate and complete, and that none of the personal data provided is misleading or outdated. In the event of any change to your personal data, you will promptly update us.
By connecting your social sharing network account through the Website, you agree that we may collect your personal data from your social sharing network account only in accordance with your privacy settings you have set up under your social sharing network account and for the purposes provided under this Policy.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will use your personal data for the purposes of helping us to provide and support the Website and/or Services to you. These purposes include:
- Helping us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- Administration including communicating with you;
- Facilitating your use of the Website and/or Services;
- Processing, administering and giving effect to, your request or transactions;
- Research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- Customer profiling and analysing your payment preferences;
- Marketing – refer to “marketing and opting out policy”, below;
- Fraud prevention, investigation and detection;
- Customizing the Website and/or Services and its content to your particular preferences;
- Notifying you of any changes to the Website and/or Services that may affect you;
- Providing, improving and developing the Website and/or Services; and
Promoting safety and security on and off of the Website and/or Services.
3. WHAT IS OUR MARKETING AND OPTING OUT POLICY?
If you have given us your permission, we may contact you by mail, telephone, SMS, text/picture/video message, email about our and our business partners’ products, services, promotions, special offers that may be of interest to you. In certain instances, we may disclose your personal data to our preferred merchants and strategic partners who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events, or promotions. However, please note that we will only disclose your personal data to our merchants and strategic partners where you have subscribed for particular services or products which require such disclosure, and/or where your consent has been obtained. We do not disclose, rent, sell or otherwise make available your personal data to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you prefer not to receive any marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further “what are your rights”, below.
You may select whether or not you wish to continue to receive newsletters or other communications. In addition, you may “opt out” of receiving any category of subscription, marketing or promotional email from D S Auto Enterprise Sdn Bhd/D S AUTO by following the unsubscribe instructions or using the unsubscribe links within the emails we send. Please note, however, that as long as you maintain an account, you may not “opt out” of receiving service of account-related emails from D S Auto Enterprise Sdn Bhd/D S AUTO.
4. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA SHARED?
We may disclose your personal data to:
- People you communicate with on the Website and/or Services;
- Our vendors and suppliers who provide technical infrastructure services, analyse how the Website and/or Services are used, or provide customer service to you;
- Companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with products and/or services that you have requested or subscribed for;
- Our auditors, accountants, lawyers or other professional advisers and/or consultants on a need to know basis;
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation;
- Comply with court order or warrant;
- Our selected merchants and strategic partners in accordance with the “Marketing and Opting Out” section above; and/or
- Other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent.
Your personal data may also be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal data could be transferred to third parties as one of D S Auto Enterprise Sdn Bhd/D S AUTO’s business assets. In such event, we will attempt to notify you before your personal data is transferred, but you may not have the right to opt out of any such transfer.
5. IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE ON OUR WEBSITE?
We will use technical and organisational measures such as encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you;
- We store your personal data on secured servers.
While we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
We disclaim all liability for the theft, loss, or interception of, or unauthorized access or damage to, your data, information, or communications resulting from your use of any aspect of the Website and/or Services. By using the Website and/or Services, you acknowledge and agree that you understand and assume these risks.
6. WHAT ARE YOU RIGHTS?
You have a right, under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, to request access to, request for a copy of and to request a correction of the personal data and to contact us with any inquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data. Subject to our right to rely on any statutory exemptions and/or exceptions to collect, use and disclose your personal data, you have the right at any time to request us to limit the processing and use of your personal data, including for any form of direct marketing.
HOW TO CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS?
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please contact us at email@example.com, 03-7805 2020 or 03-7805 2236.
We may change or update this Policy from time to time. You should check this Policy occasionally to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access and/or use the Website and/or Services. If we amend this Policy, the amendment will not have any retrospective effect on personal data collected before the revised Policy.